Thursday, June 14, 2007

Meningitis Stranglehold


no, its tooo cooldl jshe wasys
just seconds after suggesting
I remove all her clothing because
its too uncomfortable
to be worn.
spiked military mustaches have
waded through blood with less
of a shiver.
but I know nothing
and ask again
noooo, the beauty is
that you woon’t
get to look --
my god, if there’s any beauty then
I’ll have to be out of the loop
I think.
the hard crome machine stares
from the kitchen counter looking like
some medevil snow removal device.
her hands do in fact
look
cold, blue,
almost frost-bitten because
the sun’s behind her like a moon
doused in kerosene, then lit.
but my machine can’t quite lift
the newly fallen silence from her
barren parking lot eyes.
so we sip luke warm coffee,
a dove or something flies by
and I cut into the spine of a Tolstoy
almost forcing poor Ms. Karenina
into a meningitis stranglehold
so that she lets out a coo- coo
then I drop the whole thing
do you
really believe
we’re descended from apes?

4/12/07

1 comment:

Mike Lewis said...

Draped in feathered garments,
foiled by darwinian advancement.
man walks;
no greater than the animal
he once was
Shorn,
but ever dragging his knuckles